• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question to forum admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question to forum admins

Is it possible to make old forum URLs of the form "/thread<number>.html" redirect to new URLs? Sometimes when you dig an old thread it links to another thread and there is no way to follow the link.

And while you're about it, why does my "go to next unread post in this thread" now reset itself to 1 every day?

Comment

I've just been bit by this, I'd bookmarked a thread with some useful information but now I go back and it isn't there. Is there any way to find the topic given its old URL?
      All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        I've just been bit by this, I'd bookmarked a thread with some useful information but now I go back and it isn't there. Is there any way to find the topic given its old URL?
        You can try Google cache, but if Google has already found the new URL to the same thread then it will delete the old one from the cache.

There is always the Internet Archive http://www.archive.org/.

Comment

Working...
        X