• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the chaise longue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the chaise longue

After 6 months' contracting I won't be waiting around on any bench. So, they just can't get around to the admin to renew the contract that they said they definitely would. So no going in next week until it's sorted out and time to start to looking around for something else. I always knew that the 2nd contract would be trickier than the 1st but at least I've stashed some cash and it's sunny.

where's it sunny? round here the sky's been white as clay with no sun* for a fortnight

* (c) Philip Larkin

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      where's it sunny? round here the sky's been white as clay with no sun* for a fortnight

* (c) Philip Larkin
      In the Midlands.

Comment

Haven't seen the sun for several days here in Paddington. The sky is full of greys - must be a sign of the big push...

Comment

Clear blue skies and nice and hot here. Just took the dog for a walk and it was lovely

Midlands btw.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sunny up in Yorkshire as well

Hope it piddles it down 1st week in September, I'm off to Spain

Comment

I love how noone has even bothered to stay on topic here at all

Good luck Greg mate - just enjoy the sun (it's gorgoues up here too!), and the break, and the cash and something else will fall into your lap before you know it.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                I love how noone has even bothered to stay on topic here at all

Good luck Greg mate - just enjoy the sun (it's gorgoues up here too!), and the break, and the cash and something else will fall into your lap before you know it.
                Thank the Lord someone's showing an interest in my contract status. Thanks, mate. I've already set the wheels in motion...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Thank the Lord someone's showing an interest in my contract status. Thanks, mate. I've already set the wheels in motion...
                  Take a break, I try to take time off between contracts. I managed 2 days this time
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Take a break, I try to take time off between contracts. I managed 2 days this time
                    There are very few companies operating in my field and I know people contracting in all of them so it won't take long to work out the situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X