• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eye tests & glasses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye tests & glasses

Afternoon all

Am I right in thinking I can claim the cost of an eye test back through my Ltd co? How about the cost of any glasses?

Thanks

Craig

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    Afternoon all

Am I right in thinking I can claim the cost of an eye test back through my Ltd co? How about the cost of any glasses?

Thanks

Craig

Of course you can. Whether you will have to pay tax on a benefit in kind is of course another matter.

Do not take my word on this but I think yourCo can pay for the eye test without a BIK arising but it will only be able to pay for glasses without a BIK arising if they are needed solely for VDU use, if you need glasses for general use then I am afraid you will have to pay for them.

Have a look here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/nimmanual/NIM02145.htm

Comment

For those who use VDUs eye tests can be paid for by the company and are not a BIK. Do a search as this was covered a couple of weeks back.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X