• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Bay Law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Bay Law

On a real off chance anyone know anything about the law surrounding parking bays, residents bays on public roads. Council want to get red of the one outside my house as apperently buses dont like me parking there, total bull sh*t, am I legally able to request them to show evidence that removing the space will bring a benefit ?
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 26 August 2007, 22:29.

The local authorities are charged with implementing local parking and traffic regulations. They have to raise a “Road Order” being a legal process to implement changes. The law is so complicated you won’t have a change to challenge it without having expensive barristers. In my town the council filled in parking spaces with tarmac and narrowed the road in order to encourage cycling instead of driving cars.

Feudalism is live and well in England. The thieving land barons have been replaced with city councils.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In the end I moaned so much they let me keep the parking space

Comment

Working...
      X