• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain received 5.4 billion west African pickpockets last year

according to the times !

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece

It's Clarkson. It's called having a sense of humour. Try it...

Comment

Quality Clarkson rant followed by the usual 'disgusted from Tunbridge Wells' responses.

Comment

have you been pick pocketed Churchill?
        Did you find it funny?

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          Did you find it funny?

No I've never been pick-pocketed and I get pissed in London most weekends. I reckon they go for people who look like victims.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

"The fact is, I’m afraid, that anyone who emigrates from Britain, no matter where they end up, is a bit of a dimwit.
            I mean, why leave? Because you have no friends? Well, what makes you think it’ll be easier to make friends somewhere else. Because of the weather? Oh, come on. Sunny days work when you’re on holiday but when you’re stuck in an office, you need it to be 57F and drizzling.
            "

I don't think the dimwits survive abroad. I mean they might stay 1 or 2 years and then go back frustrated that they couldn't find marmite or the sunday roast but then a good percentage of british abroad are people with an open mind who did not leave because they thought their country is hell but simply because there are other things which they find better for themselves. Though there are many others which are worst, obviously, but life isn't only about going to work and drinking beer with friends. I have met many english people living in Italy with the proper mindset who do have fulfilling lives, despite all the other problems in the country. I think his vision is very limited and shows that he's the real dimwit that reduce all the cultural implications to just working, going out, crime and public services.

"Honestly, every single expat I’ve ever met is the same; hunched at a bar in a stupid shirt, at 10 in the morning, desperately trying to convince themselves that they are not alcoholics, that the barman really is their friend and that it’s only 11 hours till bedtime. "

I think he's never been abroad and I find this very unfair towards british expats trying to show that they are the same bunch of unadaptable individuals. Which is not the case, though as for many nationalities, there are some of this sort.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

In typical Clarkeson fashion that is very one sided.

Next week he'll be contradicting himself talking the UK down and picking on immigrants again.
              Last edited by pisces; 27 August 2007, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                "The fact is, I’m afraid, that anyone who emigrates from Britain, no matter where they end up, is a bit of a dimwit.
                I mean, why leave? Because you have no friends? Well, what makes you think it’ll be easier to make friends somewhere else. Because of the weather? Oh, come on. Sunny days work when you’re on holiday but when you’re stuck in an office, you need it to be 57F and drizzling.
                "

I don't think the dimwits survive abroad. I mean they might stay 1 or 2 years and then go back frustrated that they couldn't find marmite or the sunday roast but then a good percentage of british abroad are people with an open mind who did not leave because they thought their country is hell but simply because there are other things which they find better for themselves. Though there are many others which are worst, obviously, but life isn't only about going to work and drinking beer with friends. I have met many english people living in Italy with the proper mindset who do have fulfilling lives, despite all the other problems in the country. I think his vision is very limited and shows that he's the real dimwit that reduce all the cultural implications to just working, going out, crime and public services.

"Honestly, every single expat I’ve ever met is the same; hunched at a bar in a stupid shirt, at 10 in the morning, desperately trying to convince themselves that they are not alcoholics, that the barman really is their friend and that it’s only 11 hours till bedtime. "

I think he's never been abroad and I find this very unfair towards british expats trying to show that they are the same bunch of unadaptable individuals. Which is not the case, though as for many nationalities, there are some of this sort.
                My, my all that typing for a Clarkson article. I wonder who's the dimwit
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Did you find it funny?
                  Nope. I have been shot, stabbed, pissed on, spat on but never pick pocketed. Sadly, my life is lacking...

Churchill - In "Obviously I'm too middle class" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I have been shot, stabbed, pissed on, spat on

Is that some masonic ritual you can't talk about?

Comment

Working...
                    X