• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear (copyright Milan Benes)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear (copyright Milan Benes)

oh dear

City bonuses and salaries have been a key driver for upmarket areas in the capital, where some prices have risen by 30 per cent in the past year. But compensation experts this week predicted that investment bankers could see bonus cuts of 10 to 15 per cent due to the credit crunch while there have also been predictions that thousands of City jobs could go
    So is there going to be blood on the floor in London ?
    I'm alright Jack

Invstment Bankers (front office) get around 150% bonus, so reduction of 15% wont put them out on the street yet.

Comment

Well I thought that bit of news was slightly less worrying, than the "thousands of City jobs that could go".
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Well I thought that bit of news was slightly less worrying, than the "thousands of City jobs that could go".
        I can't remember where I read it now but I think that the report being referred to predicted up to 5,000 city jobs could go because of the credit crisis.

But this only effects a few specific areas and not every city firm is going to be affected. Nothing to suggest we are going to get anywhere near the carnage of the end of 1987 when tens of thousands of jobs went.

Comment

Working...
        X