• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Husband and wife companies, salaries/dividends paid into joint accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husband and wife companies, salaries/dividends paid into joint accounts?

Anything wrong with this practice?

NAA but can see no obvious reason why. Without different share type or a dividend waiver the dividends are legally proportional to the shares you have and one assumes you will be doing proper tax vouchers for each of you. No probs on salary, you have after all paid max. tax on that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      NAA but can see no obvious reason why. Without different share type or a dividend waiver the dividends are legally proportional to the shares you have and one assumes you will be doing proper tax vouchers for each of you. No probs on salary, you have after all paid max. tax on that.
      I think the assumption is something like the fact that husbands and wives always benefit from each others finances and income regardless, so there is no point in making a pretence at paying them into separate accounts, which obviously you have to do if it is not a recognised relationship (marriage/civil partnership).

I am also NAA.

Comment

Working...
      X