• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does a car's badge matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a car's badge matter?

There are now 2 seriously good mid-size saloons that I'd consider over the Germans:

Mazda 6 MPS
    Ford Mondeo Titanium (best Ford ever)

Would you buy one or is the brand/badge the overwhelming criterion?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    There are now 2 seriously good mid-size saloons that I'd consider over the Germans:

Mazda 6 MPS

Honda - utterly reliable
    does anyone else make cars ?

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
      Honda - utterly reliable
      does anyone else make cars ?
      Honda Accord ain't too bad either but styling is looking a little dated.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Mazda 6 MPS

Unless your planning on selling it on again soon am not sure of the nb of the badge. Go for the Ford.

Comment

VANS!!! Cars are for wooftahs.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Are any German manufacturers in the JD power to 10?

Fords are too chavy for me
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

SAS, I thought you were an Alfa fan? The 159 is a beautiful saloon but I guess like just about everyone else you wouldn't buy it with your own money!
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Fords are too chavy for me
                That's the point. The top of the range Ford Titanium is very unchavy but is let down by it's lower range siblings.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Unless your planning on selling it on again soon am not sure of the nb of the badge. Go for the Ford.
                  What would your expectations be for reliability and lifespan when purchasing a Ford. Before I bought the 4x4 I had a Mondeo from new and unless you enjoy seeing a 1 year old car’s components fail after low use it’s not a pleasant experience.
                  I know that was 13 years ago – but have Fords really improved that much – do Fords give 3 year warranties to match the Japanese rivals?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    SAS, I thought you were an Alfa fan? The 159 is a beautiful saloon but I guess like just about everyone else you wouldn't buy it with your own money!
                    159 has only looks going for it. Not a great drive and not too reliable from what I've read.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X