• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Websense...Grrrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Websense...Grrrrrr

Websense just blocked me from accessing Contractor UK from work laptop.

Good job I can break the law and access someone else's wireless connection...

Anyone else have this problem?

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post

Breaking the law? Nope, I don't have that problem.

Always remember, you've only broken the law if you get caught!

Comment

Current Client Policy is to block forums (except the PCG ). Squealed that everytime I did a google search for some technical info the page was blocked. So client contact got entire department off. Now it only blocks things like social networks.

So it is possible to have CUK put into the allowed list by department.

Comment

CUK forums (not main page) have made it into MimeSweepers filters

No bunking off work for me anymore. On the bright side, I'm leaving my current contract at the end of September - was offered renewal but have decided it's time for a change.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Sent you a PM with a work-around.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X