• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prison Officers' Strike 'Illegal'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prison Officers' Strike 'Illegal'

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6968105.stm

What are they going to do about it? Bang 'em all up and throw away the key?

POA representatives at Wormwood Scrubs prison, in west London, said the 1,300 prisoners were being looked after by eight governors.
    That's good then.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      That's good then.
      The governers are normally the civil service's 'fast track' finest...very comforting...I don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
        The governers are normally the civil service's 'fast track' finest...very comforting...I don't think
        I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is locked in their cells. Still, looks like the way to win a strike. Australian nurses did something similar a few years back and the government said military nurses could cover critical / emergency cases. It didn't take them long to change their mind.

Comment

There's a bloke in my cricket team who was a bolshy screw, but he's just been promoted to management and now he moans about bolshy screws.

I'm not sure if he's striking or not.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            There's a bloke in my cricket team who was a bolshy screw, but he's just been promoted to management and now he moans about bolshy screws.

I'm not sure if he's striking or not.
            (To the tune of The Red Flag)

The working class can kiss my arse.
            I've got the foreman's job at last.

Comment

From the Beeb...

The Ministry of Justice has been granted a High Court injunction against a national strike by thousands of prison officers protesting over pay.
              Btw, what the feck is "The Ministry of Justice"? Some offshoot of the home office?

I must've been asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                From the Beeb...

Btw, what the feck is "The Ministry of Justice"? Some offshoot of the home office?

I must've been asleep...
                Yes. From Wikiepedia:

"The Ministry of Justice is a department of the government of the United Kingdom, reorganized from the former Department for Constitutional Affairs. It also took over responsibility for sentencing policy, probation, prisons and prevention of re-offending in England and Wales from the Home Office on 9 May 2007. The department is located in Selborne House on Victoria Street in Westminster, London."

BTW, does anyone know the difference between a "Ministry" and a "Government Department"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  From the Beeb...

I must've been asleep...
                  You must have been. This was slipped in a few months ago, to align us with third world tin-pot dictatorships.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    You must have been. This was slipped in a few months ago, to align us with third world tin-pot dictatorships.
                    Like Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                    X