• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

I know it has been done before, but I have been asked for the following...

Copy of the Limited Company insurance certificates (All 3 insurances, Public Liability, Employers Liability and Professional Indemnity should be verified to the limit of £1 million minimum)

That seems a bit high to me - 1mln for all 3 unless I am reading it wrong.

What levels do you lot carry and any good (cheap) places to get them from?

Cheers
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I bought mine via www.simplybusiness.co.uk and it was very reasonable

Comment

Here's a good rundown:
      http://www.bytestart.co.uk/content/2...urance-p.shtml

Professional indemnity is the only one I actually manage, because I could conceive of having to use it. The level should cover what your client could realistically lose if you feck up - 1m probably about right for a lot of people.

Employer's liability used to be compulsory at £5m, but for tiny companies I don't think it is any more. Conceivably useful in case you do yourself a work-related injury and need more in compensation than there is in the company.
      Public liability is dead cheap for contractors anyway - you'd need a real Frank Spencer calamity before it was relevant.

I wouldn't say good=cheap. My main criterion for judging insurance policies is: do I know of anybody who's successfully claimed on it? I'm with Caunce O'Hara, though they're not the cheapest, because I know they've paid up to others in the past.

Comment

Working...
      X