• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Access question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Access question

I am not an expert on Access (not my trade), my bro asked me this.

he has a form based on a table with fields section and site (say).

he needs to validate the site is correct when someone change the section, one section can belong to many sites. if someone changes the section field, the site field should change to the first valid entry in the table (if not found then alert message)

I know what I want but am not an expert on VB. Could some please help by giving me the code to do this!

thanks in advance.

Can I turn this question around?

do you want to list all the sites that belong to a section?

When a new section is selected, the list of related site changes?

It seems that the relationship between the Section and Site is already defined, and that for this to exist, then a deliberate decision has already been made. (i.e. the relationship has already been validated)

Comment

re: microsoft access question

logically there should be a relationship.

but bro is learning access and he has only created a single table containing site, section and other fields.

I'll sugesst him to create a separate table to hold the site and section...and a link to the other information he is trying to store...

Comment

Re: re: microsoft access question

Get your bro to look at something like this: www.anaesthetist.com/mnm/sql/normal.htm

Comment

Working...
        X