• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does the ads say about the country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling to various countries (not that many) I noticed that each country has some kind of obsession of specific adds for specific products aired on TV screens

1- Italy: food, food and more food (pasta products etc)

2- Holland: Supermarkets

3- UK: Loans, mortgages (again loans), Banks, Building Societies !!

4- US: Pharmaceutical, drug to cure arthritis, drug to cure incontinent, drug to cure hair loss ect ect, even their beauty products are turned into scientific drug like adds!!

5- China: adds for music (pop), beauty products

Anymore?? any Theories about what each of these countries is obsessed with?

You seem to watch a lot of TV when travelling.

Get out more and meet the locals.

Comment

you missed out on car insurance ads for the UK
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        You seem to watch a lot of TV when travelling.

Get out more and meet the locals.
        Indeed.

Comment

Lots of ads for girlie feminine hygiene products on UK TV recently... what do you think that says about the UK population?

Comment

...or about the kind of programmes you're watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis View Post
              Lots of ads for girlie feminine hygiene products on UK TV recently... what do you think that says about the UK population?
              Apparently we're all turning into birds coz of the recycled oestrogen in the water, innit? Not me though, I drink Evian.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

That your farming industry is backwards perhaps?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Iran: US flags, ready impregnated with petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    3- UK: Loans, mortgages (again loans), Banks, Building Societies !!
                    any Theories about what each of these countries is obsessed with?
                    Yes I noticed.

What is even more noticeable is the number of television programmes about buying houses in the UK.

Watching "Bloomberg" TV last night there was a "Tante" (German for Woman, in a slightly disparaging way)) talking about property. It was about property generally and the "Tante" said that her investment company thought that property was looking good. However she reckoned that Uk "Häusermarkt" was heading for a drop --- 40% drop would be "nicht unrealistisch" .

The Germans are obsessed with social security. There new thing is "Hartz IV", their new social security system. Since a substantial proportion of the German population are getting social security, hardly suprising.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X