• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Germany the model country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Germany the model country?

Look at the facts:

1) Largest exporter in the world, although far from being the largest population.
    2) Has coped with the equivalent of incorporating a large and poor 2nd world country (East Germany). The idea that we could do that is laughable.
    4) Affordable and high quality housing, whether buying or renting. No artificial housing boom.
    5) Has a budget surplus
    6) National debt is a fraction of the UKs, even with a larger population
    7) Excellent vocational and apprentice system, so craftsmen and workers are second to none in quality.
    8) Has 10% unemployment - I suspect this is similar to ours if we ignore NuLab figures

It's far from perfect, but these are impressive facts.
    -
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Look at the facts:

2) Has coped with the equivalent of incorporating a large and poor 2nd world country (East Germany). The idea that we could do that is laughable.
    -
    we did it with Scotland.

Comment

They rebuilt their infrastructure in the fifties and sixties. That's not the whole story, but it helps.

Comment

"Is Germany the model country?"

No, Next..

well, maybe it is but any country that has a problem with hotdog and cheese combo is a failure in my book (mainly based on personal account of frankfurter vendor outside Frankfurt main station)
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sas,

on this subject we are in agreement

I always larf when Gordo goes over there and lectures them on how to run their economy and improve growth

However, having said that, the economic miracle has served us all well and long may it continue

Milan.

Comment

The Model - by a German band

Comment

I agree also, Heidi Klum is very nice
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Germany is an Englishman’s dream but we are still to proud to admit it, in many ways we have/had a lot in common but they seem to have got the balance right.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Mostly shite music scene though.

Comment

No, it's definitely a real country. I've been there.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X