• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drug and alcohol test.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug and alcohol test.

Anyone had one of these before starting a gig and what did it entail?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

What, they ply you drugs and alcohol to see how much you can handle

Never had one prior but worked at places where it was policy although never known one to have been undertaken

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Hello I'm a drug addict and alcoholic, how long do I have to abstain?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I had one about 8 years ago before taking up a permie post, they never tested contractors though.

They will take a urine sample on the day and test that.

From what I understand (and I am no means an expert on this),

If you refrain from drinking alcohol the day before the test it wont show up.
        If you refrain from taking hard drugs (cocaine, ecstasy, heroin) for three days before the test they wont show up.

Cannabis is a little more problematic because it can be detected for several weeks, something to do with your body not treating it as a poison so not expelling it as fast as possible like the others. That might be urban myth though, while I was there one contractor failed to make it from contract to permanent due to "a problem with the medical" and I am certain that he would have had the odd spliff from time to time.

hth

Oh I just looked it up and was about right, must have reasearched this before http://ezinearticles.com/?Drug-Detec...ody?&id=598801
        Last edited by Gonzo; 29 August 2007, 16:36. Reason: Added linky

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          How very dare you !!!!!!!!!

Being a good boy I only have the alcohol to worry about.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

How very dare you !!!!!!!!!

Being a good boy I only have the alcohol to worry about.
            In that case, don't worry about it.

Comment

So you think a bottle of whisky for breakfast will be inside the limit

Comment

Maybe it's a cocktail test?

OK, how do you make Sex on the Beach?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Anyone had one of these before starting a gig and what did it entail?
                  Contracting for ABP at the moment, they do random D & A tests frequently.
                  They just swab the inside of your mouth with a giant cotton bud thingy.
                  takes two seconds.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Speaking of drugs --Owen Wilson overdozed on oxycontin and crystal meth. and he is still in hospital

I like him

Comment

Working...
                    X