• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Solutions

Hi ALL,

This is my 1st thread. I've been working thru my ltd. company for 10 years and I now want to do things in a different route. I've been approached by Sunday Solutions (http://www.sundaysolutions.co.uk) who say they can help me but they do charge 6% of my gross income. Has anyone come across this company and can they recommend it. Is 6% a normal fee? Thanks in advance.

Do a search - they've been discussed a number of times.

Can't recall all the details, but the thread subject "Sunday Solutions - Nasty cold calling scum" tells me all I think I want to know.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by xyz789 View Post
      Hi ALL,

This is my 1st thread. I've been working thru my ltd. company for 10 years and I now want to do things in a different route. I've been approached by Sunday Solutions (http://www.sundaysolutions.co.uk) who say they can help me but they do charge 6% of my gross income. Has anyone come across this company and can they recommend it. Is 6% a normal fee? Thanks in advance.
      This has been discussed before. Try some of the links below -

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...nday+Solutions
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...nday+Solutions

Hanging around here has really made me paranoid.. I now think you are from Sunday Solutions

Comment

I use them...

They are very professional on the phone and any questions or queries are answered promptly. They will send you all the taxation forms and all you need to do is sign them, and they will fill in the blanks.
        I have yet to hand in my personal tax review forms for the year but I am lead to believe that Sunday will supply the complete summary report for the tax year which will make this process a damn site easier.

They do charge a flat rate but they do save you all the aggravation of invoicing and worrying about IR35 and other tax legislation...You are even insured upto £50,000 against a IR35 inspection!!

Comment

Originally posted by deamoned View Post
          I use them...

They are very professional on the phone and any questions or queries are answered promptly. They will send you all the taxation forms and all you need to do is sign them, and they will fill in the blanks.
          Yes, very professional. eek

I get mine sent to me fully completed, and I check and then sign them. You would do well to remember that you are responsible for all submissions to HMRC, and any mistakes are your problem. I would say that signing your name to an incomplete form to certify that it's accurate is a seriously stupid idea, if it isn't actually illegal.

I can understand outsourcing all the paperwork and bookeeping, but not the responsbility for the results. Ever heard of the MSC legislation?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I think most of these guys are from Sunday solution

This fellow joins in Aug and his first post is about how good Sunday solutions is. Another called 'xyz789' joined in aug says he has 10 yrs of contracting behind him and wants to join sunday solutions!

Next we will have Mr. qwerty with 71 yrs of contracting experience. Soon they will run out of interesting names.

Comment

yes of course you've been going through a limited company for 10 years and have now decided to use your first post to as (advertise) about a brolly - and queue the usual 1st time posters sayng they're the best brolly ever.

I know I'm late but never mind

Comment

Ding Dong!

They've pulled the one with bells on!

You would think after contracting for 10 years, you'd have the paperwork sorted , down to couple of minutes a week, by now.

Only an Idiot would send a blank signed form, to anyone.

Why don't you send me a blank signed check and I'll promise to sort out all your banking for you.
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

I'm going to say something nice about Sunday Solutions and I'm not anything to do with them!

I spoke to them before setting up my Limited, because I'm not closed minded enough to reject anything "out of the ordinary" until I've completely understood it for myself.

I found the chap I spoke to to be very professional and very honest. We went through my projected earnings for year 1 along with some other stuff and he agreed that the best way for me to go for now would be Ltd Co. He talked a lot of sense about things that I'm only now beginning to realise were correct and although I don't use them now, I won't rule out using them in the future. They are only any real benefit to VERY high earners and are mainly a Wealth Management company (managing Professional Footballers and Rugby Players money!).

I wish people on here wouldn't just diss stuff that they know nothing about just because it's slightly different to the norm - just because it's different, doesn't make it wrong!

Comment

The difference being that pro footballers and rugby players and the like are not freelances, they are salaried staff, usually with secondary income streams. Different tax treatment altogether, that's the problem...

If the Sunday Solutions answer was actually the best answer for the usual contractor, we'd all be doing it. Why do you suppose we aren't?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X