• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: What's that on the horizon ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: What's that on the horizon ?

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2358098.ece

‘America is facing housing crisis and UK could be next’

All the best,

Milan.

Just as a reminder from our discussion yesterday

From an earlier thread
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Can't wait. The next uplift in the economic cycle could be a very good chance to make money, provided you have a lot of liquid capital at the start.
      The problem is that the coming recession will be long, painful and prolonged, and may necessitate dipping into the pot.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Morning Sas,

Blaster,

I think more and more the only thing that can be done to keep a serious recession from coming is to bring in multi-generational mortgages and lower interest rates

yes the bang is going to come at some point, but the task for now is to stop it happening any time soon

What do you think ?

Will helicopter ben reduce rates ?

Milan.

Comment

Personally I think this'll hit BTL investors, and I think we'll see a round of sackings in the City, in particular Barclays that seems to have misplaced 1.5 billion pounds. But I don't think it is a repeat of the late eighties, early nineties. I think the world economy will pull the rest of the UK out, so whereas the City will take a hit I think Telco's & industrials are looking good. In contrast to private property, commercial property (not BTL) looks OK.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Can't wait. The next uplift in the economic cycle could be a very good chance to make money, provided you have a lot of liquid capital at the start.
            The problem is that the coming recession will be long, painful and prolonged, and may necessitate dipping into the pot.
            plenty of interest rate cuts to come first - I still think 2/3 years to go.

Comment

I hope you are right Blaster

Milan.

Comment

http://www.economist.com/finance/dis...ory_id=9725432

Comment

Working...
                X