• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell! Sell! Sell!

http://info.moneyweek.com/special_re...p?jlnk=LSL0070
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Doomed!

Or is it boomed if we sell and make a huge profit now?

Comment

Boomed for the wise!
      Doomed for the wisdom-challenged!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You would have thought elderly parents and kids would be listed. They're a fkcing liability.

And there was no mention of sasguru's a$$.

Comment

I read MW weekly and it's pretty damn good if I might say so. Here's a gist of what I've gathered recently from it:-

1) Sell equities, especially FTSE 250.
          2) Some companies may be good long term buys, commodities companies in particular - BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, and the oil majors BP / Shell.
          3) Food inflation makes a good investment, CORN etc.
          4) Silver is a good buy, better than gold even.
          5) Nikkei is a good bet as it is often contrarian to world markets, and the JPY is likely to appreciate fast, hence increasing your investment worth.
          6) Property is most definately over as a good investment.

There's a lot more but I can't recall it all off the top of my head.

Comment

So oil is guaranteed investment? I've got 5 litres of Halfords brand engine oil at home. I was going to use it, but I think I'll hang on to it.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Mega caps look undervalued compared to mid and small caps due to Private Equity predators.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                I read MW weekly and it's pretty damn good if I might say so. Here's a gist of what I've gathered recently from it:-

6) Property is most definately over as a good investment.

There's a lot more but I can't recall it all off the top of my head.
                I've only been hearing that for the last two years...and each time its been wrong. What makes it right this time?
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

What makes it different this time is the tightening of credit. Something we haven't seen before. If UK lenders haven't been loosening credit, then it will not affect it, and the housing market will continue. However if lenders have been changing the conditions to allow greater borrowing, eg. not asking for deposits etc. then this is dangerous as higher prices have been funded by borrowers being allowed to take out bigger loans rather than borrowers simply being richer.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    What makes it different this time is the tightening of credit. Something we haven't seen before. If UK lenders haven't been loosening credit, then it will not affect it, and the housing market will continue. However if lenders have been changing the conditions to allow greater borrowing, eg. not asking for deposits etc. then this is dangerous as higher prices have been funded by borrowers being allowed to take out bigger loans rather than borrowers simply being richer.
                    Agreed. Previously there has not been a pin to ***** the balloon. We have just got the pin.

You are also ignoring the fact that most UK banks are exposed to the US market, so it has already happened. Look at Northern Rock which is effectively not offering mortgages any more.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X