• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 year rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year rule

Guys,

Quick question to all the experts here.
    Surrounding this 2 year rule, is it per client/position/contract?

Question is, I started at said client back june 06, after a number of renewals I started a new job with said client 02/07.
    Now in 09/07 I will be signing anohter new contract (same position) but with new agency.

So question, does this still fall within this 2 year rule?

Many thanks,

John.

P.S Great site by the way.

It's location. Different agent, different client, same effective location* = same place of work.

*e.g. the square mile, the same industrial estate.

NotAllThere
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 31 August 2007, 16:15.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by welshman213 View Post
      Guys,

Quick question to all the experts here.
      Surrounding this 2 year rule, is it per client/position/contract?

Question is, I started at said client back june 06, after a number of renewals I started a new job with said client 02/07.
      Now in 09/07 I will be signing anohter new contract (same position) but with new agency.

So question, does this still fall within this 2 year rule?

Many thanks,

John.

P.S Great site by the way.
      What two year rule?

Do you possibly mean the fact that you can claim expenses for travel to a temporary workplace until the point that you know you will be travelling there for 24 months or longer and it will cease to be a temporary workplace?

I am getting a strange sense of deja-vu.

Ah yes, here is the link to where we were covering this earlier today

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-expenses.html

You will have to look through the examples yourself though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        What two year rule?

Do you possibly mean the fact that you can claim expenses for travel to a temporary workplace until the point that you know you will be travelling there for 24 months or longer and it will cease to be a temporary workplace?

I am getting a strange sense of deja-vu.

Ah yes, here is the link to where we were covering this earlier today

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-expenses.html

You will have to look through the examples yourself though.
        Sorry Gonzo, that was not me.

NotAllThere,

As I have moved sites then, now working about 2 miles from original site, does the 2 year restart at that point.
        So Same Client, New agency, Different Role, different site?

Thanks for everyones help, apologies if this has been asked to death, but as a newbie contractor it is a daunting world.

John

Comment

Working...
        X