• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whites a minority by 2027

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whites a minority by 2027

... in Birmingham

Leicester in 4 years time

White people living in the UK's second biggest city are likely to find themselves in a minority in 20 years' time, according to researchers.

Birmingham is likely to become a minority white city in 2027

A team of demographers from Manchester University has claimed that the number of white people living in Birmingham will be overtaken by the number of those with other ethnic origins by 2027.

The news came as it emerged that 35 towns and cities in Britain have at least one ward which is "minority white".

And experts have already forecast that Leicester could become the first city in which white people are a minority in four years' time.
    Similar in USA
    Whites are now in the minority in one third of America's most populous counties and, overall, outnumbered in nearly one in 10 of the nation's 3,141 counties, according to new analysis of census data.

The shift reflects the increasing diversity of the US, the result of immigration particularly from Central and South America and the higher birth rate among blacks and Hispanics.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

I think you'll find the immigrants have long been the majority in the good ol' US of A.

Similar in the UK. The strapping Anglo Saxons overran the pallid blue, sickly ginger haired Celts centuries ago.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I've lived in Leicester for 27 years, much of it in areas where Muslims and Hindus are in the majority (such as Spinney Hill and Belgrave). Frankly, such districts, despite being relatively poor, are a damn sight better to live in than the chav-ridden white-majority neighbourhoods. Roll on 2011, I say

Comment

Only in Birmingham??
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"A team of demographers from Manchester University"

But surely, applying the standard PC shoot-the-messenger rule of the liberal intelligentsia, this group of demographers must be nazis to even dare suggest such ludicrous crackpot theories?

Interesting to see that while a statue of Nelson Mandela is unveiled in London, the rest of the nation is slowly but surely moving towards a pattern of voluntary apartheid, on all ethnic sides.

Comment

Agreed, certain groups are being alienated. whether by prevailing prejudice or by government "initiatives" - some groups are being singled out and its now a "us and them" mentality.

Take Blackburn for instance. The most segregated town in the UK. Asians are roughly 20% of the population - and live strictly on the north and east of the town. The only place where white and asians can be seen together is in he town centre - where they don't speak to each other. This is the future?

The attitude in the US and Canada is different. the South asian communities are well integrated and respected and educated. But then neither of those countries had a empire and consider themselves to be superior. Sadly the English still believe the empire can be resurrected - in my opinion.

I don't think I would live in a Asian area. Recently the police chief of Blackburn stated that there are more drugs in Blackburn than in all of Liverpool. A sad commentary on the attitudes and failings of the mainly illiterate parents of the youth.

Countries do evolve, however, perhaps this was always our destiny.
            Last edited by lilelvis2000; 1 September 2007, 08:45.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              I think you'll find the immigrants have long been the majority in the good ol' US of A.

Similar in the UK. The strapping Anglo Saxons overran the pallid blue, sickly ginger haired Celts centuries ago.
              Weren't it the Brits there that invaded that blessed land? Somehow do they consider themselves natives?
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                I believe that is right. Sometimes in the US, you can go out shopping and not hear a single word of Navajo, Sioux or Cherokee spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Sadly the English still believe the empire can be resurrected - in my opinion.
                  ??? What utter crap.

Where do you get opinions like that?

Comment

By chatting with my collegues at the office. Each one goes on and on about how Canada and Australia are still under british control - just because the queen is still their respective head of state.

And then there's the hilarity of how easy it is to emigrate to these places because "I'm British, They should automatically let me in". Its scary that people still think like that. But they do.

One can only think they are living in the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X