• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk 100 kb CV limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk 100 kb CV limit

They made some changes and now your CV must be within 100 kb to upload. My is 145 kb. I guess I should spend the next 2 weeks in the pub to lose some skills.
    Last edited by 2uk; 3 September 2007, 16:46.

Replace your full body photo with a small headshot.

hth
    tl

Comment

I am starting to suspect that they made some changes with the last Office updates. All My CVs used to be 70 k. However If I open one now , save it as a new doc , with a small change - even a single space , it saves to a ~ 140 K file. This is a 3 pages CV.

Edit:
      Got it. You don't wanna select the option "Save Thumbnail" in office 07. This is what doubles the size.
      Last edited by 2uk; 3 September 2007, 18:01.

Comment

Mine has the last 10 years on it - roughly 20 jobs of various types and sizes - all the necesary detail, contact points, headers and footers and some colour to make it look nice on the screen, 3 pages, 43Kb. What on earth do you write to get up to 140KB?

I suggest you cut and paste the text into a new document - you might reduce thje file size down to something sensible again.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Mine has the last 10 years on it - roughly 20 jobs of various types and sizes - all the necesary detail, contact points, headers and footers and some colour to make it look nice on the screen, 3 pages, 43Kb. What on earth do you write to get up to 140KB?

I suggest you cut and paste the text into a new document - you might reduce thje file size down to something sensible again.
          See my comment above. I wasn't aware that some option in Office 2007 was on.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
            See my comment above. I wasn't aware that some option in Office 2007 was on.
            Ah, the "Inflate file to ludicrous size for no very obvious reason" option. Yes, I believe that one's enabled by default - some deal between Microsoft and the hard drive manufacturers, perhaps.

Comment

I've recently upgraded to Office 2007 and didn't have any problems with thumbnails/file size. Maybe it only happens with new installs?

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
                I've recently upgraded to Office 2007 and didn't have any problems with thumbnails/file size. Maybe it only happens with new installs?
                When u save to 2003 doc file , there is an option for this.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                  When u save to 2003 doc file , there is an option for this.
                  Ahh, I've set up Word so that it saves in 2003 format by default and I don't see the file save dialog

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
                    Ahh, I've set up Word so that it saves in 2003 format by default and I don't see the file save dialog
                    I save to 2003 b/d as well. When you click Save. , see the Save Thumbnail option ?

It only adds about 70 K , but this can be a problem with CVs

Comment

Working...
                    X