• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First day on new gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day on new gig

Turned up on my first day me and another contractor, the PM met me, showed us round the building etc, no PC acces no building access is ready for us, but that's ok no unusual.... the PM said as me and the other contractor have different work scope he will have a chat with the first contractor then will come and have a chat with me, so went to a desk waiting, an hour later he came and gave me 3 pieces of paper with very high level information, told me he has to run to a meeting I should read these 3 papers and he'll come back and meet up with me...I waited 1 hour, then 2 hours then 3 hours had my lunch, and waited waited...nothing.. started doing my own things, then at 5pm the PM came to see me, said right am off now, how did you get on how far did you get with your work ...huh?? I haven't even been told the scope what he wants me to do or anything.. not even who I am supposed to talk to etc... I said oh well, will try to catch him tomorrow, but when get home the agent left me a voice mail pushing me to get on with the work as its very high profile, and the work I am supposed to deliver is already overdue so I must not waist anytime in getting on with it.. I can't believe the agent phoned me to tell me this off of his own back..I think the PM asked him to give me this message, but he didn't even speak to me about what he wants, am I a mind reader?? I have a feeling I accepted the wrong offer!! discuss???

Hiya, what details did the 3 papers have on them?

dr_beat
    dr_beat (dumb support monkey)

Comment

Is this your first job in IT?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Sounds like trouble - get out ASAP.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

They wanted a scapegoat for the fcked up project and now you have arrived to fill the role nicely.

Contracting, it ain't all invoices and rate rises.

Comment

FFS take some initiative! Are you a man or a boy?

Just kidding... This is nothing new. The PM was obviously too busy to brief you so catch him in the morning and tell him what you need.
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Email him to request a meeting to go over scope and deliverables.

Doh, no PC.

Your fooked. Sorry.

Comment

email from home address asking for meeting for scope & Deliverables Tomorrow am.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

sounds like a mickey mouse noddy SME to me

avoid

Milan.

Comment

Your cards are marked - he gave you your first deliverable and you failed.
                    The call from the agent is the give away

Get back onto the market ASAP

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X