• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disguising hangovers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disguising hangovers

Ok, so a friend of mine discovered that the BA hosties get a 50% discount in his hotel bar and is feeling a little worse for it today.

How do the panel disguise the fact that they were 'on one' the night before?

Don't need a cure for the hangover, just the visible symptoms.

My friend will be grateful for all replies.

Make up a sickness (stomach problems are good cos you can hide regularly in the toilets) but you've bravely struggled in, as a cover for your illness.

Apart from the usual remedies - lemonade is good.

Comment

go get yourself a BLT and loads of OJ, eat it asap at your desk with the excuse that the new diet the missus has you on gives you a dodgy stomach and makes you permanently hungry
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

An all day brekkie bap with bacon, sausage, egg, onions, mushrooms, black pudding and brown sauce......
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Shirley it's better to just admit what you did and put up the ol' "one for the lads" kinda crap that facilitates male bonding in your environment.

i.e. "yeah went out on the bender innit mate proper off my nut, outta my tree man it was a friggin good night tho yeah innit woah <puke> "

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Ok, so a friend of mine discovered that the BA hosties get a 50% discount in his hotel bar and is feeling a little worse for it today.

How do the panel disguise the fact that they were 'on one' the night before?

Don't need a cure for the hangover, just the visible symptoms.

My friend will be grateful for all replies.
            Drink two pints of water before going to bed. It replaces the liquids you loose because of drinking alcohol; which dehydrates you, brain swells - hence the headache.

Of course in this instance that is a bit late.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
              Drink two pints of water before going to bed. It replaces the liquids you loose because of drinking alcohol; which dehydrates you, brain swells - hence the headache.

Of course in this instance that is a bit late.
              horse, gate, bolted

Comment

Very bad hay-fever ?
                Get something from Boots leave it on your desk.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Get something from Boots leave it on your desk.
                  Pile(s) cushion and cream?
                  "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
                    Pile(s) cushion and cream?
                    Why want to lend him yours
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X