• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Phone Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Phone Contract

i'm looking at getting a new phone and contract in the next month as mine is up. So....what contracts do you lot have and how much are you paying on them each month. I currently have 750mins and 100 text for £35 per month (it was an O2 18 month contract when i took it out) I use my phone for both business and personel and must keep the number.

Thanks in advance
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

O2

£20 per month

500 inclusive minutes

100 (I think) inclusive texts

12 month contract

Comment

And just in case you haven't picked it up in the other phone related threads (and of course if you are the director of a LTD company), your business is entitled to provide you with a mobile phone which you can use for personal and business purposes. You will not need to declare what calls are personal or do any bill splitting - the LTD can pay the lot.

Comment

Had a look a few weeks back as the missus wanted to get herself a contract phone. All in all they are very similar we found, though it does work to pop into the stores and ask. She almost went via the web etc but popped into a store to check out the phone.

Turns out that the store were able to get her a better deal plus more minutes and texts with a few months free. Well worth the time in my opinion. She went with Orange in the end, they ain’t great but then again I would say none of them are.

If you have a phone your happy with 02 do a very good deal on a sim only
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          And just in case you haven't picked it up in the other phone related threads (and of course if you are the director of a LTD company), your business is entitled to provide you with a mobile phone which you can use for personal and business purposes. You will not need to declare what calls are personal or do any bill splitting - the LTD can pay the lot.
          Really? Do you have to go for a business contract or can the LTD pay for a standard personal contract too?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
            Really? Do you have to go for a business contract or can the LTD pay for a standard personal contract too?
            I believe that the bill needs to be sent and addressed to the company, and it would be better if the standing order/direct debit for the contract came out of the company account.
            I don't think you need a business mobile account, but it can't hurt. I contacted vodafone about this and they happily changed the billing address and back dated some invoices.

Comment

So my current contract is with Vodafone, and is addressed to my home address (company address).

Can I now simply claim the total cost of the bill each month as a business expense? And can I backdate this to March when I started up my LTD?

P

Comment

So my current contract is with Vodafone, and is addressed to my home address (company address).

Can I now simply claim the total cost of the bill each month as a business expense? And can I backdate this to March when I started up my LTD?

P
                You can only back date it if you have the copies of the bills addressed to Bill&Fred Ltd.

Its not so much your home address being the same as company address, it has to be invoiced to Bill&Fred Ltd, 4 Privet Avenue, etc.

But as long as vodafone swtich you over from online billing to paper billing, then you can request copies from march

Comment

Im sure there must be some rules to follow and not all calls can be claimed. what if you make more personal calls than business calls can you still claim the lot.

i have just had my bill through from O2 for £114 as i used it whilst in thailand surely i could pass this off.
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

P
                    No and no.

You must have a business contract with your company. You can reclaim back the cost of your business calls you made on your personal mobile, but not the proportion of pre-paid minutes which those calls probably fall in or line rental. In other words, f*sk all.

Forget your old calls and ask Vodafone to change your contract to a business one. They'll tear up your existing contract and give you a new one to sign for you company.

Company mobile is a no-brainer, and actually most contractors don't realise this or try to put their personal calls through the company.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X