• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

underwater photos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

underwater photos

I'm off to Sardinia in a week or so and will be doing some scuba and snorkelling. I'd like to be able to take some underwater pictures, I've a Nikon D80 but I'm fairly sure I can't get a waterproof housing for it. So I've found this camera Olympus MJU 770SW, has anyone got one, and what are the images like underwater ??
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Nope

But have just picked up one of these

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/high-zoom...eb-s/index.htm

Underwater case should (fingers crossed) be arriving tomorrow as I'm off to sharm diving on Thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
      I'm off to Sardinia in a week or so and will be doing some scuba and snorkelling. I'd like to be able to take some underwater pictures, I've a Nikon D80 but I'm fairly sure I can't get a waterproof housing for it. So I've found this camera Olympus MJU 770SW, has anyone got one, and what are the images like underwater ??
      The D80 does have a housing for around 1300 quid wheras the whole setup for the Olympus is about 400 quid.

Not used either but if you are trying out underwater photography for the 1st time then the camera is not the critical factor.

I've used an early cybershot for around 6 years and the results are pretty good.

Real underwater photography is ubergeekdom and needs deep pockets so ideal for contractors really

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
        Not used either but if you are trying out underwater photography for the 1st time then the camera is not the critical factor.
        Agreed, getting the bl00dy fish to stay still whilst you faff around to untangle your camera from your regs only to get back on the boat to see that you managed to take a pic of it's tail and the end of someones fin. *

*Pondlife in 'still not got the hang of this photography malarky' mode

Comment

o o o o o
          o
          o o o o o
          o o
          o o o
          o o
          o o o o o
          o o

bloop blooop bloop bloooooop bloop blooop bloop bloooooop

Comment

very disappointed the board has mangled the bubbles on my underwater post.

Comment

He only wants to take pics of chicks underwater in tiny bikinis...perv

Comment

found this one...$120
                http://www.waterproof-paper.com/case...era-case.shtml

re pervy pics, I did use a disposable underwater a few months ago to get hte GF who was topless, they made some good "art" pictures.....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
                  found this one...$120
                  http://www.waterproof-paper.com/case...era-case.shtml

re pervy pics, I did use a disposable underwater a few months ago to get hte GF who was topless, they made some good "art" pictures.....
                  good work fella

Comment

good "art" pictures.....

Linky please

Comment

Working...
                    X