• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting as a shareholder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting as a shareholder

I've been contracting regularly for a Ltd. company who have recently raised the idea of me becoming a partner and sharing in profits in return for me giving them preference over other companies and becoming more involved in their work. I'm wondering if this would affect my IR35 status - would I need to become an employee for this?

Many thanks,

Soleside

Originally posted by soleside View Post
    I've been contracting regularly for a Ltd. company who have recently raised the idea of me becoming a partner and sharing in profits in return for me giving them preference over other companies and becoming more involved in their work. I'm wondering if this would affect my IR35 status - would I need to become an employee for this?

Many thanks,

Soleside
    Would rather depend on the nature of the services being provided. To be honest you have not given enough information. It may also be worth looking at the MSC provisions as well as IR35, but again no real answer can be given because you have not given enough information.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
      Would rather depend on the nature of the services being provided. To be honest you have not given enough information. It may also be worth looking at the MSC provisions as well as IR35, but again no real answer can be given because you have not given enough information.
      Well there's no offer on the table yet - but it's in the pipeline so I don't have a lot of information unfortunately.
      I guess what I'm wondering is as a part-owner would I still be able to contract for the company or would I legally need to be on payroll?

Comment

Working...
      X