• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I being racist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being racist?

Ignoring the headline situation...what is the economic benefit to the UK of letting in :

a 12 year old immigrant
    someone who speaks little English
    & needs foster careers

& it sounds like there are a few of them...

A boy who vanished nine days ago may have got himself lost after getting on the wrong bus, police have said.

CCTV showed Parvinder Singh, 12, boarding a 208 bus in Widmore Road, Bromley, south-east London, on 26 August and getting off two stops later.

Parvinder, an immigrant who speaks little English and who has been in the UK for two months, had been at the Pavilion Leisure Centre with friends.

He arranged to meet them outside but never showed up.

Parvinder has been staying with foster carers and was last seen by the two friends who he had been swimming with and who lived the same foster carers.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

You're not necessarily being racist, but by phrasing your question purely in terms of "economic benefit" you show yourself to be an extremely shallow person, obsessed with mere monetary value to the extent that you are incapable of feeling compassion for those less fortunate than yourself.

HTH.

Comment

Parvinder could end up becoming a world class swimming champion and represent his adopted country in the Olympics which in turn would generate un-told economic benefits to the country in increased sales of Union Jack flags and 'We love Parvinder' t-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You're not necessarily being racist, but by phrasing your question purely in terms of "economic benefit" you show yourself to be an extremely shallow person, obsessed with mere monetary value to the extent that you are incapable of feeling compassion for those less fortunate than yourself.

HTH.
        So only if I am prepared to accept all of the children from the Indian sub continent into this country without question would you consider me compassionate?

Comment

Parvinder will become a world leading surgeon who one day saves the life of one of your grandchildren. Maybe.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

It sounds like he might already have indirectly helped sell a few newspapers, and generated £100 or so for some barrel-scraping freelance hack. I bet that's more of an economic contribution than you'd made by the age of 12.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              It sounds like he might already have indirectly helped sell a few newspapers, and generated £100 or so for some barrel-scraping freelance hack. I bet that's more of an economic contribution than you'd made by the age of 12.
              bizarre outlook and not really adding to the debate but thank you for trying(& it's actually from the BBC web pages)

Comment

bizarro

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                from the BBC web pages
                OK, in that case the barrel-scraping freelance hack probably only got £75.

Happy to have provided a novel slant. A boy getting lost on a bus isn't much of a way into an economic debate anyway. Given that your name is Troll and your logo is a waggling arse, I figured this thread wasn't going to be exactly The Moral Maze.

Comment

I'm afraid no one takes you very seriously, Troll. That is the nature of trolls I'm afraid.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh, the irony.....

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I'm afraid no one takes you very seriously, Troll. That is the nature of trolls I'm afraid.

(snigger)
                    Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X