• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle Contracting and rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle Contracting and rates

What to expect in 2007/8?

Oracle DBA with Solaris, or is Sun a dead duck (must check their share price).

Forms and Reports, surely no company is doing new stuff with that crap, so a lot of legacy stuff needs to be supported and converted, good rates for maintaining legacy Forms 3/4.5 stuff?

Too many peeps out there pretending they know Oracle to make it worthwhile competing for contracts?

---------------
    I support West Ham

If you are any good, then, in London:

Permie: £50k+
    Contract: £400+ per day

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      If you are any good, then, in London:

Permie: £50k+
      Contract: £400+ per day
      Any good?

It's a fecking database program FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Any good?

It's a fecking database program FFS.
        You know nothing about Oracle. They don't pay we top-notch DBAs bucket-loads for nowt.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          You know nothing about Oracle. They don't pay we top-notch DBAs bucket-loads for nowt.
          if you are any good you should be getting more than those contract numbers shirley.

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
            What to expect in 2007/8?

Oracle DBA with Solaris, or is Sun a dead duck (must check their share price).

Forms and Reports, surely no company is doing new stuff with that crap, so a lot of legacy stuff needs to be supported and converted, good rates for maintaining legacy Forms 3/4.5 stuff?

Too many peeps out there pretending they know Oracle to make it worthwhile competing for contracts?

---------------
            I support West Ham
            Oh Bob - I was just thinking how employable you sounded until I scrolled down to your signature!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              if you are any good you should be getting more than those contract numbers shirley.
              Have to agree £400/day is a bit low aye.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                I think the numbers are fairly accurate. Both state the minimum.

Comment

Are you talking Oracle Apps bob? Or just Oracle?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Oh Bob - I was just thinking how employable you sounded until I scrolled down to your signature!
                    I thought everyone who supported West Ham wore a singlet.

Comment

Working...
                    X