• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's handy then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's handy then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...cs/6978118.stm

The bit I like is the "flood barriers were stored 30 miles away in a secret location coz of their scrap value"...

Lemme guess... the other side of the river?

not sure I get this bit

"The agency said even if they had been in place, the water would have topped them."

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the job of these flood barriers to keep the water in the river, so that it eventually makes its was to the sea - like rivers do. So if they had been in place, then the parts which flooded would only have suffered flooding caused my say the 10% which toped the barriers and not the whole 100% which caused the damage due to no barriers being put up. So the resulting flood waters would have been lower and less houses would have been effected.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      So the resulting flood waters would have been lower and less houses would have been effected.
      (grammar) fewer

Comment

Working...
      X