• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

YAC Numbers and Ofcom mandated warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAC Numbers and Ofcom mandated warning

For any of you using YAC or any other personal 070 numbers, as of Sep 1st there is now a voice announcement about the high costs of calling these.

It explains why I've had so few calls from pimps over the last few days!

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
    For any of you using YAC or any other personal 070 numbers, as of Sep 1st there is now a voice announcement about the high costs of calling these.

It explains why I've had so few calls from pimps over the last few days!
    Thanks - shame it's on all my printed stationery!

I'll look for a different provider when this gig is nearing the end.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement service? I'm loathed to put my real mobile number out there!

Comment

There seem to be a few that will give you an 0845 number that you pay for.

I might look at a SkypeIn number, since I have Skype on my mobile that I can use. It's not too expensive, plus you can get a few for different countries if you work abroad.

There may well be others - I've just had an email from an agent that says
        I tried to contact you today to discuss new opportunities that I currently have running on system, but the number I have for you is an 07092 number which has a 50p a min charge to talk with you. Do you have a mobile number that I can contact you on to discuss new roles?
        so I want to get something sorted sooner rather than later.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Try www.4telgroup.com who can provide free 0845 numbers.

Can't forward to mobiles though.

Comment

My wife uses one of these for her fax. Will that mess things up?
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've got an 0700 number that forewards to my mobile and it is working as normal, no preamble about call charges.

What are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I've got an 0700 number that forewards to my mobile and it is working as normal, no preamble about call charges.

What are you on about?
                are you dialling from a BT line?

Comment

No, from a Virgin Media (ex NTL) phone line.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    No, from a Virgin Media (ex NTL) phone line.
                    Anyone who uses BT try and call you will get a longwinded message saying how expensive it before connecting them.

Definitely seems to be putting people off, I'm getting e-mails asking for another number and those that do call also ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X