• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prohibition in Scotland soon ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prohibition in Scotland soon ?

Chan

BBC News

particularly worrying is the sentence

"Mr MacAskill insisted the Scottish Government was not pro-prohibition or anti-alcohol, but was instead taking a stand against excessive drinking culture."
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

"Mr MacAskill said the perception of 'drinking to get drunk' should no longer be seen as acceptable."

Kind of missing the point, Kenny...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      "Mr MacAskill said the perception of 'drinking to get drunk' should no longer be seen as acceptable."

Kind of missing the point, Kenny...
      It's started! Smoking first. Now alcohol. Next: obesity. It stops, eventually, with a Farenheit 451 regime.

Comment

Tink I can safely say that any politician who puts himself between a jock and his bevvy is gonna come out on the losing side.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Tink I can safely say that any politician who puts himself between a jock and his bevvy is gonna come out on the losing side.
          Indeed! To paraphrase Spike Milligan, "Some people die of thirst; the Scots are born with one".

Comment

Quite agree

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Oh, has anybody got the figures on the vote to ban smoking in public places?
            Demo-what?
            Why not?

Comment

Working...
            X