• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC drops Climate Change show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC drops Climate Change show

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6979596.stm

The BBC has scrapped plans for Planet Relief, a TV special on climate change, the BBC News website has learned.

The decision comes after some senior executives expressed concern that the programme concept might breach impartiality guidelines.

At last some sense. We don't brainwashing on theories that have no scientific grounding.

I'll be the last man running a 6 litre V8 in this country, never turns a light off and takes 10 flights a year.

Ths climate change lark is just a whole lot of crap.

There was a time when I used to believe in it and I used to do my best to reduce environmental impact. But ever since the scum of the land (yes, government) have come on board and started threatening everyone to go green with their tax regime, I've gone the opposite way and don't give a crap now.

I often wonder, was Guy Fawkes actually a hero for trying to blow up parliament - surely the public empathised with him. What's the take on that?

Comment

The general feeling at the time was that Guy was a Catholic traitor and deserved everything the got.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Also, his target was the King.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

What did he have against Elvis?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            What did he have against Elvis?
            He sang the wrong type of gospel music - you know what these religious types are like.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

If the BBC was worried about impartiality then why didn't they just plan to present both sides of the argument? I'll tell you why, because that would have confused all the bandwagon jumping 'celebrity' tw*ts as to which side of the fence they should be sitting on.

Personally, I don't want to watch Bono jetting in from LA to lecture me about how I should be using low energy lightbulbs. Midget *****!
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
                Bono jetting in from LA to lecture me about how I should be using low energy lightbulbs
                Would that be called a champagne environmentalist?

Does anyone on here like Bono?

Does anyone anywhere like him?

Comment

I like bono

churchill.
                  No, sorry, that's boneo, damn.
                  Why not?

Comment

I like bono

Xog. No, sorry, that's bonobos.
                    Why not?

Comment