• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German Bomb plot surprise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Bomb plot surprise

Surprising - 2 of the 3 arrested are ethnic Germans who converted to Islam.
    Is there something in the German character that tends to extremism? Discuss.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Converts to religions often are more extreme than people born into them. e.g. shoe bomber chap from Croydon. That's probably more relevant than Germanness.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Is there something in the German character that tends to extremism?
      Ja!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        Converts to religions often are more extreme than people born into them. e.g. shoe bomber chap from Croydon. That's probably more relevant than Germanness.
        There are many converts to Islam in Britain according to an article I read. This puts a whole new complexion on the matter (pun intended).
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think this proves that Islam is the evil here, not any particular nation or race.

Am I allowed to have this opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Surprising - 2 of the 3 arrested are ethnic Germans who converted to Islam.
            Is there something in the German character that tends to extremism? Discuss.
            They just like to follow the rules as best they can - you wont see germans crossing the road unless its on green.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You'll have to move to a country where sanity and commonsense haven't been thrown out the window in order to harbour opinions like that.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I think this proves that Islam is the evil here, not any particular nation or race.

I agree with this, but I reckon certain cultures have a tendency to extremism:
                the Arabic, German and Japanese come to mind. Cultures that lack nuance.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I wonder if they 'found' Islam whilst in prison? That seems to be the usual route.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    A newly convert to islam tries to prove that he is devout to his new found relegion,
                    so he follows core principal of islam which is to kill infidels.
                    It would save great time for intelligence agencies if newly converts are put on survellience atleast for one year.

Comment

Working...
                    X