• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rotterdam Y/N

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotterdam Y/N

Hi, Just been made aware of SAP BC position in Rotterdam but, know nowt about the place, any info on accommodation, taxes, rates etc would be appreciated...What would be good (serious now) AVG daily rate for SAP BC support role for this location..Pimp is spluttering £390

cheers

Tom,

try not to discuss SAP too much here, we don't want the riff raff trying to get into it.

Good luck with Rotherdam.

Milan.

Comment

Be wary of working in NL. Very difficult to work via a UK register Ltd. In my experience most contractors end up working thru' Dutch umbrella like ITECs.

Tax can really sting you - can apply for 30% ex-pats ruling but takes a while.

Rotterdam is not a bad place, generally anywhere in NL is laid back and friendly. Never lived there tho'.

In terms of the german ERP system which you mention - my experience is that rates over there in this arena tend to be less than they are over here.

So if you combine lower rates, working via dutch umbrella, complicated and fairly expensive tax system then I would probably say don't bother ... butif you are independently wealthy and looking for a good quality of life then perhaps consider it.

Cheers

Windy

Comment

[QUOTE=WindyAnna;297574]

Rotterdam is not a bad place, generally anywhere in NL is laid back and friendly. Never lived there tho'.

[QUOTE]

NL has changed an awful lot in the last decade the old 'laid back' stereotype is long gone. Especially in the large urban centres. Rotterdam is one of the least "laid back" cities in NL, high crime etc religious problems etc etc though being an ex-pat you should largely be able to avoid all that

if you take a job there commute in from somewhere like Delft (only 15Km away) or DenHaag, much more laid back and more pleasant

Comment

Was over in Rotterdam a few weeks back, thought it was okay, like I say I've never lived there unlike Zaandam, Eindhoven or Amsterdam. I still find the dutch to be friendly and laid back - even nowadays!

Mr Windy Anna has been working over there for last 2 years, been over there with the family and found it extremly pleasant wherever I have been. Also Mr WA has loved working over there due to the people, the attitude and the views on work/life balance.

To me the issue would always be the rates and the tax, not the country or the people.

Wind

Comment

Replies

Mixed bag but, all good even the negative stuff

Thought the Brolly Co was really useful as, was set on using previous UK Brolly which seemed like best option give the lack of info...

Guess it is what you make it at the end of the day....cheers

Comment

The Germans are only a short march down the road.

Comment

When I was working nearby, I found a drive-in brothel there. Apprently its won some architecture awards as well!!!
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  When I was working nearby, I found a drive-in brothel there. Apprently its won some architecture awards as well!!!
                  Did it take you long to 'find' this establishment? Was it eat-in & takeaway?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I found a drive-in brothel there.
                    How does that work?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X