• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accommodation

Hi there,

Having recently accepted a contract for a leading insurer based in York, I am in desperate need to find suitable accommodation in the area, probably a guest house or hotel.

Anyone got any ideas?

Originally posted by contractor888 View Post
    Hi there,

Having recently accepted a contract for a leading insurer based in York, I am in desperate need to find suitable accommodation in the area, probably a guest house or hotel.

Anyone got any ideas?

NU have some special places for contractors.

Comment

"special places" eh?

Comment

Normally in the basement somewhere.

(Bitter ex-NU permie...)
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Wonder how many people here have worked for NU

(guilty )

As far as I remember they even had a very good rate with the marriot.. also in York there are a few serviced or short let flats quite a few around the river with really nice views, look on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
            Wonder how many people here have worked for NU
            (guilty )
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Troll: Norwich or York?? I did both

Comment

I thought Norwich Union was one of the 1st big UK companies to outsource 100% of their IT work to India (they made a big song and dance about it, slating UK IT staff as useless and boasting how great it all was all over the press) and fired all their UK staff.

Did it not turn out to be Utopia for them then?

Shame.

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, not for £1K a day.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
                  Troll: Norwich or York?? I did both
                  Norwich

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                    I thought Norwich Union was one of the 1st big UK companies to outsource 100% of their IT work to India (they made a big song and dance about it, slating UK IT staff as useless and boasting how great it all was all over the press) and fired all their UK staff.

Did it not turn out to be Utopia for them then?

Shame.

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, not for £1K a day.
                    Never say never.
                    Like all good contractors we seize the opportunities - India fecks up, we clean up...and the rates were very very attractive... and fond memories of the stay in Norwich= nice city just stuck in the middle of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                    X