• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New iPOD Touch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New iPOD Touch

just been announced; visually similar to the iPhone, 8 Gig and 16 Gig variations available initially from £199 - look v. nice

Looks bloody great. But I want to get an iPhone when it hits the UK. No point in having both!

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

Apple truly are ahead of the game. Amazing technology.

Comment

They've not announced the UK or European pricing points yet.

It's going to be more than a direct conversion between $ and £ though, you can bet on that.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

ai they have, £199 for the 8GB and £269 for the 16GB models

Comment

****ing BBC - they hadn't when I read it when I posted before! It's obviously been updated since then.

Bugger - I ordered a new MP3 player today. Oh well, I'm sick of my iPod anyway, and I don't want touch screen, honest.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            ****ing BBC - they hadn't when I read it when I posted before! It's obviously been updated since then.

Bugger - I ordered a new MP3 player today. Oh well, I'm sick of my iPod anyway, and I don't want touch screen, honest.
            Oops, oh well - I got it from the Apple site; they updated their store something like 15-30 mins after the keynote speach....

Comment

Looks gay to me.

WTF do you want some flimsy fashion statement gadget for?

Comment

Bleedin Apple. They was talk a while ago about an IPod which spoke the menu and song names etc so that you can use it while holding it still in your pocket. I was going to get my son one as a speech Ipod would be great for him. He has one at the moment with some rockbox software on it instead of the normal apple stuff but it's a pain to maintain. IPods and the like are a pain when you can't see.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Bloody Jobsie.

Why aren't they available in the US now - am off to Vegas tomorrow.

Could have picked one up from the Apple store there.

Bah!

Comment

I fail to see the excitment.

It's a portable mp3 and video player with a touch screen and browser.

Whoopee do.

I've had one of those for the last 5 years.

It's called a Smartphone.

Which is also a phone. And has Office. And runs software.

What next ?

Apple inventing a round device (that looks nice) and calling it "Wheel 2.0"

What is the point of this company other than to redesign technology 5 years out of date and release it as if it was brand new ?

And what does it say about their customers who fall for this con-trick every fricking time ?

Hmmm.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X