• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrghh, distractions!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrghh, distractions!!

does anyone out there find mundane tasks impossible? arrghh, the grinding tedium of cv writing!

if there's anything on hand to distract me, i'll grab it.. 'hot' distractions are currently
    * internet - this board, for example
    * itunes - noodling through my library, sorting.
    * bittorrent - checking current downloads, watching stuff
    * imagination wandering, gorping into space

please, if anyone has any killer motivation techniques, please share.. i need to defeat the apathy.. it's not like i can afford to be bone, i have mouths to feed.. my original 'sure-fire' opportunities have been delayed, leaving me forced to look elsewhere.. i hate being forced into anything!

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
    does anyone out there find mundane tasks impossible? arrghh, the grinding tedium of cv writing!
    If you are supposed to be writing your CV, how about unplugging yourself from the interweb until you've done it

Comment

if there's anything on hand to distract me, i'll grab it.. 'hot' distractions are currently
      * internet - this board, for example
      * itunes - noodling through my library, sorting.
      * bittorrent - checking current downloads, watching stuff
      * imagination wandering, gorping into space

please, if anyone has any killer motivation techniques, please share.. i need to defeat the apathy.. it's not like i can afford to be bone, i have mouths to feed.. my original 'sure-fire' opportunities have been delayed, leaving me forced to look elsewhere.. i hate being forced into anything!
      Nope...I get mine done for me.....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

One I bloody hate, but it does work:

“ask yourself if what you are doing now is making you money”

Note: by posting here you can see that I do ignore my own advice!
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Try cracking one off. That should relax you enough to concentrate.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Nope...I get mine done for me.....
            do you purchase a general cv then tailor it for each application?

Comment

Boot in safe mode and unplug your network cable / modem.

Open up notepad and start writing!!!!
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Try cracking one off. That should relax you enough to concentrate.
                fired a few arcs off earlier, it relaxed me enough to watch an episode of 'classic albums'.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  Boot in safe mode and unplug your network cable / modem.

Open up notepad and start writing!!!!
                  good idea.. i tried something similar and made partial progress.. i sat down with my laptop (*nix) but was distracted by the system monitor.. '100% cpu, wonder what that is?' [open terminal] etc..

Comment

do you purchase a general cv then tailor it for each application?
                    No, I get a good one done and tweak it very slightly!!! Most of the time I do not need to anything to it...and if I need a major review, I get it done at a reduced price.
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X