• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crack police intelligence catch mastermind criminals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crack police intelligence catch mastermind criminals

Linky

What a couple of complete numptys!!!!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

I see that these two burglars faced extremely tough sentancing in court.

That's the biggest joke.

I bet the guy who was ordered to pay £20 will never do that again!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Maybe British garden birds really are gay, which explains why there's less of them each year.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

That's not stupidity. He knew perfectly well what he was doing and he is proud of it. He knows he'll get lots of glory from certain people, and he thinks it's worth the punishment.

Comment

I know, it's shocking. 60 hours unpaid work too tho.. lets hope it's not for the Garden Birds of Britain!

How many tabloids do you think tomorrow will have the grab line of something like 'The writings on the wall for these two'... Groan...
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Ridgeway, 18, must carry out 60 hours unpaid work
            Isn't most "work" undertaken by 18 year old scousers unpaid?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Anyone heard of Jerome Caminada? He was a Victorian Police detective, who worked in Manchester. I read his autobiography, and was amazed to learn that being soft on criminals is nothing new. One fecker was finally sent down for a few years after a lengthy lifetime of hundreds of crimes, and dozens and dozens of "One more time and we'll throw away the key." admonishments from the caring judges (who all stove to secure the bastard work, accommodation, etc.) - it's been going on forever.

Have a read if you can find a copy.

Comment

"That's not stupidity. He knew perfectly well what he was doing and he is proud of it. He knows he'll get lots of glory from certain people, and he thinks it's worth the punishment."

Exactly - for £20 and he gets to stick 2 fingers up at everybody via the BBC and the press.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X