• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you tend to charge more for working over the weekend ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No

No

Comment

nope, not at all. Same rate......

Comment

Yes - between 1.5 and 2 times normal daily rate, billed in four hour units, or parts thereof (i.e. 1 hour worked -> 4 hours worked; 3 hours worked -> 4 hours billed; 5 hours worked -> 8 hours billed).

I value my weekends too much to work them, so I very rarely do it. If I do, it needs to be really worth my while.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No, because I don't work at weekends. End of story.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Yes - between 1.5 and 2 times normal daily rate, billed in four hour units, or parts thereof (i.e. 1 hour worked -> 4 hours worked; 3 hours worked -> 4 hours billed; 5 hours worked -> 8 hours billed).

I value my weekends too much to work them, so I very rarely do it. If I do, it needs to be really worth my while.
            Exactly what he said...pretty much word for word. Are you me The Faqqer?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

If they want me to work at the weekend, they have to leave £1000 in unmarked, used, non-consecutive bank notes of mixed denomination in my desk drawer, otherwise the project "gets it"

Comment

1.5 x Saturday, 2x on Sundays or Bank Holidays. The mere act of going into the office = 1 day.

m@t
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Exactly what he said...pretty much word for word. Are you me The Faqqer?
                  Yes, and I claim my £5 from myself.

Maybe it's a working with Oracle thing - I need a big incentive to work with it 7 days a week!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Blimey, I am in a minority. Maybe it's because I have no social life, and therefore work is work, whether it's Monday or Saturday. My pot noodles and Wolverine comics pretty much fit around me.

tl

Comment

Working...
                    X