• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good old Jeremy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good old Jeremy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6982514.stm

It pays to wriggle with these so called motoring offences.

It's one thing going 52 in a 50 and then rightly peing pi55ed off if you get a ticket, but whoever was driving that was doing 82 in a 50. They deserve to have the book thrown at them. Since the car was loaned to him, he's responsible and should have been prosecuted IMO.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
      It's one thing going 52 in a 50 and then rightly peing pi55ed off if you get a ticket, but whoever was driving that was doing 82 in a 50. They deserve to have the book thrown at them. Since the car was loaned to him, he's responsible and should have been prosecuted IMO.

what if he was'nt driving the car. And doing 82 in a 50 mph limit does not necessarily mean that he was driving dangerously (though it probably does).
      Clarkson must drive that bit of road hundreds of times, so it may well not necessarily have been him.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Teflon Nick Freeman

http://www.freemankeepondriving.com/
        www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          what if he was'nt driving the car. And doing 82 in a 50 mph limit does not necessarily mean that he was driving dangerously (though it probably does).
          Clarkson must drive that bit of road hundreds of times, so it may well not necessarily have been him.
          30Mph above the limit = Ban (normally for a couple of weeks.)
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            doing 82 in a 50 mph limit does not necessarily mean that he was driving dangerously
            It does meant that whoever was driving the car was breaking the law though.

Car was loaned to him; either he was driving it or he loaned it to someone else. If he doesn't want to identify them, fine, take the punishment rather than weasling out of it like the big **** that he is.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This is pretty typical of Clarkson's I can do what I like and **** everyone else attitude.

I know a family with a bereavement caused by a speeding motorist and it makes you think about these things. There's a reason why there's a 50 mph rather than an 80 mph speed limit.

Comment

If the driver of the car can't be identified, then the registered keeper is responsible.

I thought.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some interesting attitudes here - appears the government brainwashing (that all speeding regardless of road conditions, location, driver ability etc etc is dangerous and such people should be locked up in the tower, whilst it's ok of course for some chav scum to mug some old lady....) is working.

And of course none of you have ever broken the law.. ever.. have you... well done.

Time and a place people.... time and a place.

He got off.... good lad.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    This is pretty typical of Clarkson's I can do what I like and **** everyone else attitude.

I know a family with a bereavement caused by a speeding motorist and it makes you think about these things. There's a reason why there's a 50 mph rather than an 80 mph speed limit.
                    Yes so they can put up speed cameras. Do you know many people who go for strolls across dual carriageways?

On that piece of road their are bridges for pedestrains, no footpaths at the side of the road and there is a central reservation. It comes out of a 70 mph zone and before that the motorway. The 50mph area is just as good as the 70mph area, except the 50mph area has cameras, there is little reason for most of the 50mph zone other than generating revenue. Most cars go >50 anyway.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 7 September 2007, 09:27.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X