• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morning all!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all!!!

So have I missed much?
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 7 September 2007, 07:22. Reason: Started a new thread.
    The pope is a tard.

Innocent until proven guilty, hunches and innuendo are not the way the law works or should work.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Sorry, forget Morning SA and no you haven't missed much.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty, hunches and innuendo are not the way the law works or should work.
        Completely irrelevant statement with no logical meaning.

On the basis of that statement then, it would not be allowed for a CID team to gather round and come up with hunches and possible theories when the evidence had run dry ? That's their job !

With regards to the board...how can it be libel if people theorise that the parties are somehow complicit ?

And if their comments are deleted and later found to have merit, then surely that is suppression of the human right to discuss ?

Which makes one wonder...does the board keep logs for judicial purposes, and would it be able to defend itself against a legal challenge over suppression of the right to free speech if it was mounted ? Would the board be able to afford the legal costs ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          On the basis of that statement then, it would not be allowed for a CID team to gather round and come up with hunches and possible theories when the evidence had run dry ? That's their job !

I'm sure the Guildford 4 would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            hunches and innuendo are not the way the law works or should work.
            Is that why Benny Hill and Quasimodo couldn't join the police (IGMC)

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
              Is that why Benny Hill and Quasimodo couldn't join the police (IGMC)
              That was quite funny
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hello!

Read the bad handshake thread it is almost the funniest thing I've read on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  Hello!

Read the bad handshake thread it is almost the funniest thing I've read on here...

Very funny

Why would someone do that?!!!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Yeah, bloody speeding tickets
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X