• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enlisting a contractor for designing a Website.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlisting a contractor for designing a Website.

Hey guys i was just wondering if you could help me with this question.

The marketing company that you work for has decided to enlist the help of a Contractor to make them a website. Write a report to your Company Director what, if any, problems this may incur, and what legislation, both primarily or incidentally needs to be taken into consideration.
    I was just wondering if you could tell me about the type of problems that may occur if a contractor is enlisted to make a website for a marketing company.

They could charge you mega bucks
    They could provide no after sales support
    They may leave you liable for NIC contributions if not registered as a Ltd
    They may not have insurance if they break something
    They may be late in delivery

Pretty much most of the problems that are present with companies are present with contractors.

Comment

Welcome to Contractor UK, also known as Marketing Coursework Assistance UK.

Comment

Originally posted by london _mark_6123 View Post
        Hey guys i was just wondering if you could help me with this question.

I was just wondering if you could tell me about the type of problems that may occur if a contractor is enlisted to make a website for a marketing company.
        They could spend all day posting on here rather than doing actual work (Godlike status is a clue btw)
        Quite a few smell
        Most have poor communication skills
        Some are certifiable yet hold shotgun licenses
        Some are not of this planet

and what legislation, both primarily or incidentally needs to be taken into consideration
        Abuse of alcohol, working time, Class A & B drug legislation to name but a few
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

There's never a problem with contractors, they are very cheap to employ, and are a better bet than permies.

Legislation - anything to do with money laundering, tax evasion, libel, slander, misconduct, drugs, alcohol, property law, capital gains taxes are all irrelevant to the average contractor.

----

I see we're no longer in "be nice to everyone" mode!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is this guy asking for help with his A level IT coursework?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Is this guy asking for help with his A level IT coursework?
              Looks like it. Or first year business degree.

For the right price, I'll sell the answers.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Is you looking at me?
                You were more "Some are not of this planet"
                But... if the cap fits
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  That cap fits too...
                  So talented Zeity
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

"Enlisting"? This isn't the Vietnam war. It's "Engaging". I'll tell you that for nowt.

Comment

Working...
                    X