PDA

View Full Version : Is the term 'Pikey's Picnic' Offensive?

Lucy
8th September 2007, 22:38
That sad little git from blue claimed MPW had offended some of his friends.

The world is mad and pc.

I long for the 70's - imagine if Benny Hill or Kenny Everet were trying to have their shows screened now.

wendigo100
8th September 2007, 23:10

The world is mad and pc.

I long for the 70's - imagine if Benny Hill or Kenny Everet were trying to have their shows screened now.What are you talking about?

What is blue? Who is MPW? Where is Benny Hill?

NickFitz
9th September 2007, 03:00

The world is mad and pc.

I long for the 70's - imagine if Benny Hill or Kenny Everet were trying to have their shows screened now.

What are you talking about?

What is blue? Who is MPW? Where is Benny Hill?

Benny Hill is adjacent to Mount Everet ("Kenny" Everet to its friends - "Kenny" means "Mount" in Everetian).

Dunno who or what "blue" or "MPW" might be, though.

Or "friends". :suicide:

fzbucks
9th September 2007, 07:48
Blue the boy band or Blue the IBM?

Is MPW Master Phillip of Winchestershireham?

cojak
9th September 2007, 08:49

The world is mad and pc.

Only to Pikey's, I'd imagine...

sasguru
9th September 2007, 11:47
Only to Pikey's, I'd imagine...

On of the characteristics of pikeys is that they don't know how to use apostrophes. :tongue

HTH

chicane
9th September 2007, 13:23
On of the characteristics of pikeys is that they don't know how to use apostrophes. :tongue

What about the use of 'on' instead of 'one'?

fzbucks
9th September 2007, 13:29

Think the Chavs reserved that one.

Fishface
9th September 2007, 13:33
yes it is offensive.

the same as calling someone a 'mick' or 'paki' or 'kike'.

very, very unpleasent if you are on the recieving end.

thunderlizard
9th September 2007, 14:40
Of course it's offensive, but that doesn't mean you can't say it. It's culture-ist, but not racist.

sasguru
9th September 2007, 15:00

That is a very arisotcratic mistake to make, what?
Toodle pip, old boy.

daviejones
9th September 2007, 15:11
And the bleedin Pikeys deserve it...:rollin:

GreenerGrass
9th September 2007, 18:37
yes it is offensive.

the same as calling someone a 'mick' or 'paki' or 'kike'.

very, very unpleasent if you are on the recieving end.

Yes, as is having your village green taken over and turned into a caravan site full of criminals who **** up everything within a 2 mile radius.

chicane
9th September 2007, 19:10
Yes, as is having your village green taken over and turned into a caravan site full of criminals who **** up everything within a 2 mile radius.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, this post may be offensive and upsetting to criminals, and should therefore be removed.

Old Greg
9th September 2007, 19:36
Of course it's offensive, but that doesn't mean you can't say it. It's culture-ist, but not racist.

For all intents and purposes it is a racist term. Romany gypsies are not said to be particularly genetically / racially distinguishable from local non-Gypsy populations (although if you go to Spain they are very noticeable), but they suffer discrimination in the same way as racial minorities (Nazi policies being an extreme example).

This is why Gypsies are one of three 'non-racial groups' identified specifically identified as ethnic minorities in British legislation - the others are Jews and Sikhs.

wendigo100
9th September 2007, 21:14
For all intents and purposes it is a racist term. Romany gypsies are not said to be particularly genetically / racially distinguishable from local non-Gypsy populations (although if you go to Spain they are very noticeable), but they suffer discrimination in the same way as racial minorities (Nazi policies being an extreme example).

This is why Gypsies are one of three 'non-racial groups' identified specifically identified as ethnic minorities in British legislation - the others are Jews and Sikhs.Never mind all that. We're talking about pikies. They are a culture, not a race.

Pikies are scum. If you've ever had them living near you, you'd know.

GreenerGrass
10th September 2007, 06:59
Greg, if a group of people's actions have a hugely negative effect on others and they break dozens of laws on a regular and consistent basis, (laws that define the basis of civilised life), then how can the perceived opinion and views of law-abiding citizens be described as discrimination or racism?
It is a completely rational reaction to a threat to their green and pleasant surroundings.

Stop spouting this politically correct garbage, people are treated according to how they treat others.
Here are just a handful of illegal activities that affect the whole population:
Benefit fraud
Tax evasion
Theft
Intimidation
Physical assault
Breach of Planning Laws
Trespass
Public Health
Rubbish
Road traffic offences

This group create utter misery for everyone they come into contact with.

wendigo100
10th September 2007, 08:31
This group create utter misery for everyone they come into contact with.They certainly do. :mad