• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories latest bright idea is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories latest bright idea is...

to ban Plasma screen Televisual Apparati because they are not environmentally friendly and consume too much electrical power.

Do they really want to get elected or what?

They came out with another stunningly daft idea over the weekend but I've forgotten for the moment what it is.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 11 September 2007, 07:55.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    to ban Plasma screen tvs coz they are not environmentally friendly and take too much power.

Do they really want to get ellected or wot?

They came out with another stunningly daft idea over the weekend but I've forgotten for the moment what it is.

All over the bloody place - are you going into regression or shagging a young bird and trying to be hip?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      The sooner they ditch the Bliar clone Cameron and find someone with half a brain the better.
      I'm beginning to think you're right. And ditch whoever is advising him of these daft policy statements.

How about banning people who have heart pacemakers?

Comment

my eye caught one idea but not sure who was pushing it....Give all expecting mothers £120 towards healthy foods during pregnancy in the hope that it will cut down on child hood illnesses.

Of course they have already admitted there will be no way to ensure they money is spent on food and not Cigs and Beer
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

The way to gain votes is to abolish something which is universally destested by the electorate and would benefit the envrionment.

From the Pruffock Social Observatory (PSO) I would reccomend the following to the Tory Think Tank.

Now - just imagine the carbon foorprint of all those shirts which are ironed in the UK - now who enjoys ironing shirts ?

So - lets abolish ironing of shorts - then all ironing - perfect excuse to make shirts a thing of a pass.

That would get the vote from an increasingly jaded electorate.

Perfect.

I'll repeat that - the shirt event

Now then .

Just think of the carbon footrprint of all those tax offices ..
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 September 2007, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            So - lets abolish ironing of shorts - then all ironing - perfect excuse to make shirts a thing of a pass.
            I would declare myself inside IR35 for that. I hate shirts!

Also, can we do ties at the same time? Make it an Act.

Comment

Working...
            X