• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 weeks notice

Just received my contract extension 5 weeks after the previous contract expired. Checked it all over to make sure it was exactly the same but have found my notice period has changed from 1 to 4 weeks. Wasn't even told this was going to happen. Glad I looked through it. Bliming cheek.
    Do I look like a permie.

works both ways... a four week cushion to look around .. & if something came up...just ring in sick
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      works both ways... a four week cushion to look around .. & if something came up...just ring in sick
      Yes but no MOO means they give you 4 weeks notice and tell you that you are not needed so it has no effect. If you are happy 4 weeks isnt anything esp if you plan to see the contract through to completion.

Comment

What about IR35?
        4 weeks notice will not go down well in a review.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
          What about IR35?
          4 weeks notice will not go down well in a review.
          Why? You could have a 1000 weeks notice but as long as you demonstrate that there is no MOO then you are good to go.

They could tell you "in 4 weeks this contract will be terminated". Also there is no obligation to provide work so go home today and don't go back.

Comment

Working...
          X