• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I mentioned house prices are going up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I mentioned house prices are going up?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6986770.stm

Average house prices in the UK are accelerating again, according to the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG).

Its latest survey shows that in July prices across the country rose by 2% to an average of £218,479.

The annual rate of house price inflation rose from from 12.1% to 12.4%, its highest since March 2005.

The main factor was soaring prices in London, where house price inflation is now 19.1%, and the South East.

Didn't sasguru sell al his London property just before the boom began? Wise old sasguru.

Ah man, when this crash comes its going to the popcorn event of a lifetime.

I'm off to Canary Wharf to pain a target at the bottom of the tower for the bankers to aim for.

Comment

House prices in the US are dropping for the first time since the depression.

At home auctions in NZ on the weekend large losses were recorded...

Only a matter of time prawn...

Comment

What's an 'at home auction'?

Comment

DAMN

DAMN

DAMN

I'm alright Jack

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6986777.stm

"An unnamed boss of one of the UK's largest banks told the Sunday Times at the weekend that conditions in the money markets were the worst for 20 years. "

Now let me think what started about 20 years ago...
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

yes but it was supposed to be different this time.
              said the big issue seller.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Now let me think what started about 20 years ago...
                The boom of 1987-1990? Yuppies, Porsches, Astronomical House Prices

Boomed!
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

....but people are always going to need places to live. Add to that the fact that even if there's a short term collapse, long term it'll always grow.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

i cannot wait,

piling up the cash until the carnage starts then chef has a new place to live until it all goes round again

survival of the fittest
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X