• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you find your training ? Last minute training offers ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find your training ? Last minute training offers ??

[Apologies for posting a contractor/work related topic on this board without mentioning immigratation, crime, Iraq, house prices, Old Noo Liebour]

I'm after VMware VCP training though this query isn't specifically tied to that.

To get this particular cert it is mandatory to attend a training course (@550 quid / day for 4 days plus time off work, hotel, transfers etc = a major outlay).
    I would rather self-train from experience etc. I have seen and covered the syllabus plus more topics already.
    So all I want is the training as cheap as possible. Of courseif I learn something that's a bonus but I realise these courses are somewhat aimed at newbs.

Didn't Computer Weekly used to have a page with late offers ? I'm on their site and don't see it anymore.

LW7

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    [Apologies for posting a contractor/work related topic on this board without mentioning immigratation, crime, Iraq, house prices, Old Noo Liebour]

I'm after VMware VCP training though this query isn't specifically tied to that.

To get this particular cert it is mandatory to attend a training course (@550 quid / day for 4 days plus time off work, hotel, transfers etc = a major outlay).
    I would rather self-train from experience etc. I have seen and covered the syllabus plus more topics already.
    So all I want is the training as cheap as possible. Of courseif I learn something that's a bonus but I realise these courses are somewhat aimed at newbs.

Didn't Computer Weekly used to have a page with late offers ? I'm on their site and don't see it anymore.

LW7
    Don't get us started on immigratation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Is that when you're grateful for immigration?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm also interested in training - can anyone recommend a decent training company for CCNAs?
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            I'm also interested in training - can anyone recommend a decent training company for CCNAs?
            I can't recommend a company but I can tell you I did the CCNA years ago frim self-study. Not a push over but wasn't that hard. Get yourself an old router or software router to play with the Cisco IOS.

Comment

I went to Koenig Solutions in India in April this year, who are good value.

Stayed in Goa for three weeks doing an Oracle course, but they cover all sorts of other topics - I think some were there on CCNA courses, and the obligatory MS ones.

They were featured in the Guardian recently, too, in case that sways you!!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                I did a very good CCNA course 2 years ago - PM me if you want the details - it's got a training weekend in Milton Keynes if you can make it there without any problems. The rest is self study.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Not any more, only Indian citizens can take M$ exams there now. Same goes for China, I wonder why?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Not any more, only Indian citizens can take M$ exams there now. Same goes for China, I wonder why?
                    Is that true? Not that I'm saying it isn't.....just curious like.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X