PDA

View Full Version : The law of attraction

Signo_cypher
11th September 2007, 11:09
Has anyone else used this 'Law' to get what they want?

it is basically positive thinking, if you focus on what you want and honestly believe it can happen, then it will. It worked for me I got my last 12 month contract with it. Just need to get the next gig now as I will be on the bench soon.

DimPrawn
11th September 2007, 11:10
You have come to right place for positive thinking here.

NotAllThere
11th September 2007, 11:21
I think it is more a case of wishful thinking than a law.

Old Greg
11th September 2007, 11:51
It's a kind of magic.

VectraMan
11th September 2007, 11:52
I use Murphy's Law to get what I want.

MrRobin
11th September 2007, 11:57
I really don't buy into this.

At the last big team gathering here at my client, they had a guest speaker who went on about how you should really focus on envisaging success and how it would feel like when you get there, and you shouldn't think about all the things that could go wrong because you would inevitably steer yourself into faliure. What a load of old pony. If you don't prepare for possible/probable problems then you will almost definitely screw up.

I guess if you are doing all that already and then you do do the thinking positive approach too then there's no harm... no disrespect intended, Signo_cypher.

Jog On
11th September 2007, 11:58
I'm interested in this I watched the film "the secret" last year and have taken an active interest in it since.

So far I've had positive changes since adopting the technique. There is quite a bit more to it than just positive thinking though, the idea is to program your subconcious to make you act to bring about what you want in your life.

Athletes have been using the technique by running their races/events in their head before physically doing it for years now.

wendigo100
I use Murphy's Law to get what I want.What, pieces of toast with fluff and dirt stuck to the buttered side?

DaveB
It's a kind of magic.

the Magical Thinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking) kind :glasses

NotAllThere
11th September 2007, 12:04
Scott Adams says that it was something like this that give him his success.

But how does it work if two people doing the positive thinking have diametrically opposing desires?

sasguru
11th September 2007, 12:06
More hocus pocus for gullible types.
There seem to be a lot of you about - maybe that could be my Plan B. Hmmmm.

alreadypacked
11th September 2007, 12:08
More hocus pocus for gullible types.
There seem to be a lot of you about - maybe that could be my Plan B. Hmmmm.

I thought it was your plan A IT consultant :laugh

chef
11th September 2007, 12:47
forward planning, hard work, focus and luck got me to where i am now

wishing is for daydreamers, you want something you strive your hardest until you get it, simple as, oh and never tell the other half how much exactly you take home, it can only lead to bad things

<chef in 'preparing for landan smog, sweaty tube armpit smelling and work' mode>

VectraMan
11th September 2007, 13:24
What, pieces of toast with fluff and dirt stuck to the buttered side?

That's the downside. I'm thinking of trying Boyle's law next. And if that doesn't work out, I might give Ohm a try.

DimPrawn
11th September 2007, 13:31
I'm a big fan of Coles Law

mmmm

Old Greg
11th September 2007, 13:31
That's the downside. I'm thinking of trying Boyle's law next. And if that doesn't work out, I might give Ohm a try.

You may meet some cosmic resistance.

wendigo100
11th September 2007, 13:32
That's the downside. I'm thinking of trying Boyle's law next. And if that doesn't work out, I might give Ohm a try.Hmmm. Boyle's law might be useful in a farting competition.

xoggoth
11th September 2007, 13:34
According to that famous American book (I can and I will?) it is quite wrong to believe something willl happen. You have to tell yourself it HAS happened.

I DO HAVE a mansion in Beverley Hills and a $300,000 Cadillac
I DO HAVE a mansion in Beverley Hills and..

wendigo100
11th September 2007, 13:35
You may meet some cosmic resistance.Look, there's a reason why I resisted turning this into an electrical pun thread.

Old Greg
11th September 2007, 13:35
According to that famous American book (I can and I will?) it is quite wrong to believe something willl happen. You have to tell yourself it HAS happened.

Have they thought about the effect on inflation and money supply if everyone does this?

Signo_cypher
11th September 2007, 13:56
I really don't buy into this.

At the last big team gathering here at my client, they had a guest speaker who went on about how you should really focus on envisaging success and how it would feel like when you get there, and you shouldn't think about all the things that could go wrong because you would inevitably steer yourself into faliure. What a load of old pony. If you don't prepare for possible/probable problems then you will almost definitely screw up.

I guess if you are doing all that already and then you do do the thinking positive approach too then there's no harm... no disrespect intended, Signo_cypher.

None taken old chap, horses for courses and all that. :hug:

wendigo100
11th September 2007, 14:00
Good God! I just tried it and I've just become the new Prime Minister!

I'll certainly recommend this to all my new mates at the G8. :)

Signo_cypher
11th September 2007, 14:02
Have they thought about the effect on inflation and money supply if everyone does this?

Well, they say there is enough of everything to to go round, besides not everybody wants the the same thing, we dont all want a beverly hills mansion and money. Saying that I do, but not everybody does. :laugh

AlfredJPruffock
11th September 2007, 14:14

And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!
This is not my beautiful automobile !

AlfredJPruffock
11th September 2007, 14:19
I wanna be a boss
I wanna be a big boss
I wanna boss the world around
I wanna be the biggest boss
that ever bossed the world around

I wanna do it right
I wanna do it right away
I wanna do it right now
I wanna do it right away
I wanna do it now

Don't wanna be a dancer in the Bolshoi Ballet
Don't want to work for Daddy
In Daddy's shop, 0.K.

Well - this stuff really works !

An hour ago I waw a nine stone weakling - now I am two seperate Gorillas !

lukemg
11th September 2007, 14:27
I don't use any such techniques but what I do is have no fear of anything I might face in a work situation. I always think I can do any job I can get and usually expect that I could do any of the senior roles that exist where I am working. As I have moved to higher levels with more responsibility, staff etc I have found this to be true, which encourages me to always pitch for roles which on paper are a stretch for my current experience.
Persuading the various people involved in the process that I should be considered for the role has proved to be the most difficult part every time.

Sysman
11th September 2007, 14:52
Good God! I just tried it and I've just become the new Prime Minister!
Er, doesn't that imply an automatic ban around these parts?

Unless of course you repeal a few taxes. Quite a lot of taxes, Lots and lots of taxes.

Repeat after me:

"I must repeal a lot of taxes"
"I must ban speed cameras"

You'll get the hang of it.

Churchill
11th September 2007, 14:58
If you really want to be rich, send me a tenner and I let you know the secret. But you must promise not to tell anyone else...