• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milton Keynes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton Keynes

Hi,

anyone know how long it would take to get to Milton Keynes from London (Harrow area)?

There's a company there interested in me for contract work but even though Google Maps is saying it takes an hour by road, I'm not sure if traffic in the morning is going to add to that significantly!! Is the M1 jammed first thing in the morning going north?

Cheers

R

Originally posted by too_many_details View Post
    Hi,

anyone know how long it would take to get to Milton Keynes from London (Harrow area)?

There's a company there interested in me for contract work but even though Google Maps is saying it takes an hour by road, I'm not sure if traffic in the morning is going to add to that significantly!! Is the M1 jammed first thing in the morning going north?

Cheers

R
    The M1 is always jammed to some degree or another especially around St Albans, Luton and the junction with the M25.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The major road widening roadworks where the M25 meets the M1 will mean that in rush hour traffic (even assuming no breakdowns / crashes), you'll be sitting there for ages.....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        The major road widening roadworks where the M25 meets the M1 will mean that in rush hour traffic (even assuming no breakdowns / crashes), you'll be sitting there for ages.....
        I once sat there for 3 weeks.

Comment

I went the other way a few weeks back, and MK to Heathrow at 9am took about 2 hours.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Have you considered the train?

Get a motorbike and stick two fingers up to traffic jams.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The M1 road widening is appalling. Try the train. Watford to MK is easy enough. Don't know about from Harrow.

Comment

Tis really not that bad on average - an hour is reasonable. North London and surrounding areas are themselves the pits of hell anyway... driving anywhere around there is one of the worst experiences in driving.

What about taking the train?

Comment

You can get a train direct from Harrow and Wealdstone to MK. I think it takes about half an hour or so.

Also, going north the trains aren't crowded and you'll have plenty of seats.

As an additional bonus it goes past the M25 so you can stick your fingers up at the traffic there.

Comment

Working...
                  X