• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

istockphoto.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

istockphoto.com

Does anyone here use it, do you have your own photos up there, and if so do you make any money from it ?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    Does anyone here use it, do you have your own photos up there, and if so do you make any money from it ?
    I used it - and very cheap & good it was, too. So, I assume that, yes, you'd make a few bob from it. But I think you'd need to take amazing photos and lots of 'em to retire from the commission!

Comment

I've bought loads of photos from them for websites, marketing brochures, etc. The quality is pretty good and prices are very good.

I can't imagine you'd make much money unless you are a good and prolific photographer. I'm sure others sites pay more in royalties.

I've also used http://www.shutterstock.com/ which is more expensive but better quality (IMHO).

Give it a try and see if it makes a good plan b.

Comment

well all signed up, so lets see what happens.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

I've used them a lot - good value and excellent quality.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

well I've passed the signing up test, I've had my test images accepted as being good enough for stock photo's, and I've uploaded my first image.....just need it checking now.....let see what happens, it could be plan B.

If you look at the number of photos people have downloaded, they must make a fair amount of $$$
            SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

only got 5 pics up there at the moment, and they have only been there for a matter of hours......but I've had my first download !!!! Plan B here we come.............
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
                only got 5 pics up there at the moment, and they have only been there for a matter of hours......but I've had my first download !!!! Plan B here we come.............
                Congrats !

I might need some photos for my website, if you ever happen to be in Goa.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Congrats !

I might need some photos for my website, if you ever happen to be in Goa.
                  I'm sure we could work on me going to Goa....
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

PM me the location - interested to see what sort of stuff you're producing

Comment

Working...
                    X